EMI Audio is proud to be your choice for professional Audio, Video and Lighting sales.
The best in the CG series for broadcasting stations and post-production sites
With redundancy of both the power supply and the video/audio clock, as well as many other functions, the CG-2000 meets the strict demands of broadcasting and post production.
The internal clock employs the high-precision OCXO that is not impacted by environment temperature
The CG-2000 employs a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that boasts a clock frequency precision of ±0.01ppm*1 and a frequency stability of ±0.005ppm per day. In addition, the CG-2000 is equipped with an external input connector that supports a 10MHz signal, allowing it to be connected to a rubidium clock or GPS clock, when possible, for even higher precision for the system.
The jitter management circuit developed by TASCAM reduces external clock jitters, enabling a stable clock signal to video and word outputs, while a glitch-free relock circuit maintains a sustained clock phase even during clock dropouts and recovery, thus effectively preventing noise and skipping from occurring, delivering high reliability and stability to users.
*1 The numerical value at the time of factory shipment.
Easily check conditions if problems occur through logging and GPO parallel output
The CG-2000 comes equipped with 4 video outputs. All series include 12 word clock outputs, two AES3/11 and two/PDIF digital outputs, enabling the construction of large-scale synchronization systems. Furthermore, it is compatible with 2×Fs, 4×Fs, and 256×Fs outputs, as well as Pro Tools and other DAW systems.
The CG-2000 is developed so that the cause of any malfunctions can be investigated during maintenance when problem occurs. The termination of output equipment, measuring of the input level, and the analyzer function that measures input frequency are all included, supporting troubleshooting should a problem occurs. The word clock’s output level can be adjusted to different levels, allowing for optimum signal levels to be supplied to connecting equipment. As another function that supports the detection of problems, a logging function is also included.
User maintenance enabled by the self-calibration functions via external oscillators
Since crystal oscillators change over time, regular calibration is necessary in order to keep the oscillator in its best condition. The CG-2000 is equipped with a self-calibration function, enabling users to perform maintenance through easy operations*2.
The design takes careful measures to attain durability, including the usage of the nut-coupling Amphenol BNC connectors that are extremely resistant against pulling and twisting, and independent circuit boards for each connector that prevent contact failures caused by twisting.
TASCAM’s accumulated experience and know-how in digital synchronization technology through its development of professional equipment has been refined to create products specialized in clock synchronization.
The CG-2000 is a lineup of professional-level master clock generators that was the result of an exhaustive injection of TASCAM technology.
*2 Use of the self-calibration function requires preparation of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna.
Designed for High Reliability and Dependable Stability
Power supply redundancy with two power supply circuits
Redundant video reference/word clock input
Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
High-precision synchronization systems can be created
Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
*factory default value.
Input connector that supports 10MHz signal - allowing the creation of systems with even higher precision
Abundant Input and Output Connectors Support Use in Large-scale Audio/Video Synchronization Systems
Numerous output connectors, including 12 word clock outputs
Supports input and output of a variety of video signal formats - including NTSC, PAL and HD Tri-level
Multiple Functions Support Maintenance and Identification of Issues If Problems Occur
Analyzer function that can measure output device termination
Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting wordclock output levels
Checking conditions if problems occur is possible through logging and GPO parallel output
Self-calibration function enables maintenance by users
*Use of the self-calibration function requires preparation of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna.
Designed for Durability
Durable nut-coupling Amphenol BNC connectors
Each connector has an independent circuit board to prevent contact failures due to twisting and repeated use
Features at a glance
- Two power supply circuits for redundancy [CG-2000 only]
- Supports video reference/word clock redundancy [CG-2000 only]
- Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
- External input connector that supports 10MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
- Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- Numerous output connectors, including (12) word clock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale video/audio synchronization systems
- Supports input and output of a variety of video signal formats, including NTSC, PAL and HD Tri-level
- AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
- Analyzer function that can measure output device termination
- Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting wordclock output levels
- Error status can be outputted using GPO parallel output, allowing the monitoring of error occurrence
- Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS)
*Use of the self-calibration function requires the use of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna.
- Word clock performance up to 192 kHz
- 0.1% pull-up/down for 24F(Film) and 29.97F(NTSC), and 4% pull-up/down for 24F(Film) and 25F(PAL)
- Up to (4) system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
- Durable nut-coupling BNC connectors made by Amphenol
- Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
- Three-prong IEC power cable included
- Panel-lock switch can be used to prevent inadvertent changes to unit operation
- 128x64-pixel organic EL display with a wide viewing angle
- Firmware updates possible using the USB port
- EIA 1U rack mount size
- RoHS-compliant product
Free Shipping 1