WA-412 4 Ch Mic Preamp/Di
The WA-412 provides 4 channels of classic American console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of preamp is often referred to as "the sound of Rock n' Roll" for its BIG punchy low end and smooth open top end. The price/performance ratio of the WA-412 is almost unfathomable to the experienced studio engineer who has possibly paid much more for preamps of this style during their career. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamps and custom wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired. If you are looking for multiple channels of world class tone in an affordable package, the WA-412 is the right choice for you.
The WA-412 has all of the features one would expect from this style of preamp... and more. Output Trim is available on every channel for precise control and creative gain staging. A Tone switch (transformer input impedance) is also available on each channel, which allows you to choose between a warm and punchy classic console tone, or go for a more open & neutral sound.
In this example, the WA-412 is being used as a microphone preamp, and instrument DI simultaneously. Both signals are then feeding into separate line inputs on the recording interface.
In this example, the WA-412 is being routed as an insert into a recording device. This is useful for using the WA-412 as an “analog plug-in” or insert for mix-down. The recording device is feeding the WA-412 with a balanced 1/4” cable via a line output. Then, the recording device is capturing the WA-412 via a LINE LEVEL input.
Note: It is important to use a line level input on your recording device as opposed to a microphone or instrument level input
- 4 CHANNEL MICROPHONE PREAMPLIFIER + INSTRUMENT DI
- FULLY DISCRETE, TRANSFORMER COUPLED, THROUGH-HOLE COMPONENT TOPOLOGY
- ALTRAN USA CUSTOM WOUND, PREMIUM INPUT AND OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS
- X520 DISCRETE OP-AMP IN EVERY CHANNEL, SOCKETED FOR CONVENIENCE. CAN BE USER-REPLACED WITH MOST 6 PIN, DISCRETE OP-AMPS FOR VARYING FLAVOR & TONE
- 65DB OF GAIN
- INPUTS - MICROPHONE XLR & ACTIVE INSTRUMENT 2MEG OHM HI-Z
- OUTPUTS - TRANSFORMER BALANCED XLR & TRS
- -20DB PAD - PADS BOTH MIC AND INSTRUMENT DI INPUTS
- TONE BUTTON INPUT IMPEDANCE - SWITCHES FROM 600 OHMS TO 150 OHMS (AFFECTS THE TONE OF BOTH THE MIC AND HI-Z INPUTS)
- SELF NOISE: <-90DB (NOMINAL)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ TO 20KHZ <+/-0.25DB (TONE BUTTON OUT), 20HZ TO 20KHZ +/-2DB (TONE BUTTON IN)
- +48 VOLT PHANTOM POWER
- LED METERING
- OUTPUT TRIM KNOB FOR PRECISE LEVEL CONTROL AND TONE SCULPTING
- INTERNAL POWER SUPPLY (GROUNDED, 3 PIN IEC CORD)