Whether you play guitar, bass, keyboards or another stringed instrument, you'll need a direct box that won't diminish your instrument's tone, like the Direct Box Active and Direct Box Passive from Warm Audio. Built around world-famous CineMag USA Transformer topology and engineering, like no other DI Boxes in the world. Constructed with top-tier discrete components housed in rugged aluminum chassis' that include switches, knobs and connectors that are all designed to withstand heavy abuse on the road or in the studio.
Typical Applications For A DI Box
Connecting electronic instruments such as guitar, bass, keyboard, or drum machines directly to a PA or recording system. Simply put, a DI box converts the high impedance, unbalanced output signals to low impedance, balanced output signals. By doing so, the instrument signals are now converted to the proper voltage level for the PA or recording system - which greatly reduces and/or eliminates connections which could cause tonal shifts and distortion.
Passive Or Active?
Direct Box Active is best for instruments with passive pickups, especially acoustic instruments. The Direct Box Active can also operate in "passive" mode. Direct Box Passive is best for balancing the signal of instruments with active electronics, but still performs extremely well on passive pickups by producing a frequency range that exceeds the bandwidth of most passive DI boxes on the market.
- POWER: 48V PHANTOM OR TWO 9V BATTERIES. CAN ALSO BE USED PASSIVELY
- CUSTOM-WOUND CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- CONVERTS INSTRUMENTS TO MIC-LEVEL SIGNALS WITHOUT SIGNAL DEGRADATION
- IDEAL SOLUTION FOR PLUGGING YOUR INSTRUMENT DIRECT INTO ANY MIC PRE
- TOP-QUALITY CLASS A COMPONENTS WITH GOLD-PLATED TRACES ON CIRCUIT BOARD
- RUGGED ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION
- PAD: VARIABLE FROM -3 TO -30DB
- BALANCED OUTPUT: 600 OHMS, MIC LEVEL
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1 MEG OHMS
- THD: .01% FROM 20HZ TO 50HZ. LESS THAN .003% FROM 50HZ TO 20KHZ
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10HZ TO 90KHZ +/- 0.5DB