Pioneer DJ is proud to announce the release of the PLX-CRSS12 Professional Digital-Analog Hybrid Turntable. This game-changing deck is the world’s first to offer DVS control of digital music via DJ software as well as analog playback of vinyl records, helping artists take their performances to the next level. Never worry about needle skipping again when you use the PLX-CRSS12 in DVS mode with Serato DJ Pro or rekordbox. The tone-arm-free playback means artists can scratch a real analog record as vigorously as they like without fear of missing a beat. And when they want to play a record the traditional way, they can simply switch the deck to Analog mode and use the tone arm as normal.
Tone-arm-free DVS control eliminates skipping in digital playback
No matter how hard you scratch, you’ll never experience needle skipping when you use the PLX-CRSS12 in Digital Vinyl mode, thanks to the tone-arm-free system. The new MAGVEL CLAMP holds a record firmly in place when you touch it, enabling it to directly control the digital music file, giving you the true feeling of vinyl with no need to use the tone arm. When playing analog records, the experience will be just like using the popular PLX-1000 deck.
Feeling adjustment to suit your style
You can quickly adjust the record's "weight" with the dial on top of the MAGVEL CLAMP. This means you can effortlessly continue your performance without the hassle of changing slip mats or slip sheets.
Customizable torque level
It's easy to change the turntable rotation torque level in the utility settings to suit your preference. You can choose from "High" for quick startup when you press PLAY, "Low" for the traditional torque speed that many DJs are familiar with, and "Mid" for a balance between the two.
Adjustable stopping speed
Use the switch on the front of the deck to adjust the time it takes for the turntable to stop when you press STOP. The "Min" is sharp. The "Mid" uses a traditional stopping speed that's familiar to DJs. And the "Max" creates the longest stopping speed for a gradual and dramatic finish to a track or performance.
Performance Pads for accurate and rapid control
The PLX-CRSS12 inherits classic turntable layout elements, but a new addition is the 4 built-in MIDI-mappable Performance Pads which put your favorite features at your fingertips. They’re right where you need them – just below the platter – so you can fire off Hot Cues and samples quicker than ever, which comes in handy even more if you’re performing on a mixer that has no pads. There’s native support for various pad modes (see below), and a dedicated button enables you to switch control from pads 1-4 to 5-8. The pads are MIDI mappable too, so you can assign them to other features.
OLED display for quick confirmation of track information
The built-in OLED display also helps you focus on the deck. You can keep an eye on the tempo range and key when Step Pitching and, when you connect the PLX-CRSS12 via USB to your PC/Mac running DJ software, you can reference BPM, key, deck number information. The display also gives you quick access to the utility settings – all of which reduces the need to break concentration and look at your laptop or mixer during a performance.
High-quality sound reproduction of analog records, evolved from the PLX-1000
Let your audience enjoy your music the way it was intended to be heard. The PLX-CRSS12 has been carefully built to improve on the sound quality of the PLX-1000 professional DJ turntable, which is highly acclaimed for its accurate sound reproduction.
Robust and elegant design in matte black color
The PLX-CRSS12 has a matte black color scheme, with special coatings applied to the tone arm and other metal parts, plus carefully crafted details that give it a robust and elegant appearance.
Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox compatibility
Eliminate Skipping in Digital Playback
- The PLX-CRSS12’s tone-arm-free DVS control removes needle skipping in Digital Vinyl mode, no matter how hard users scratch.
- The new MAGVEL CLAMP holds the record firmly in place, enabling it to directly control the digital music file, giving users the true feeling of vinyl without the tonearm.
- When playing analog records, the experience will be just like using the popular PLX-1000.
Customizable to Suit Performer’s Needs
- The MAGVEL CLAMP dial allows users to find the perfect “weight” setting. The amount of torque will be increased or decreased to make the record feel lighter or heavier without changing or adjusting slip mats or slip sheets.
- Users can adjust the turntable’s torque level in the utility settings.
- There are 3 deck-stopping speeds to choose from via a switch on the front of the unit.
Designed for Full Control
- The PLX-CRSS12 combines classic turntable layout elements, with the addition of 4 built-in MIDI-mappable Performance Pads allowing users to select their preferred features. Located below the platter the pads conveniently fire off Hot Cues and samples quicker than ever. There’s native support for various pad modes (see below), and a dedicated button enables users to switch control from pads 1-4 to 5-8. Additionally, the MIDI mappable pads allow users to program each to selected features.
Native pad mode support
- Serato DJ Pro: Hot Cue, Sampler, Stems, Scratch Bank, Roll, Saved Loop
- rekordbox: Hot Cue, Sampler, Track Separation, Sample Scratch, Pad FX1, Beat Jump
- The built-in OLED display allows performers to keep an eye on the tempo range and key when Step Pitching and, when users connect the PLX-CRSS12 via USB to a PC/Mac running DJ software, they can reference BPM, key, and deck number information. The display also gives users quick access to the utility settings.
Evolved, High-Quality Sound
- The PLX-CRSS12 has been carefully buil tbased off the highly acclaimed sound quality of the PLX-1000 professional DJ turntable.
- As with the PLX-1000, the upper part of the chassis is made of high-mass die-cast zinc and the lower part is made of 8 mm thick resin to optimize the chassis structure and vibration-damping materials.
- The RCA terminals are made of machined gold-plated parts, and the phono signal is directly transmitted through a stable connection with the plug to reproduce the sound of analog records with high-quality audio.
- A switching power supply is used to eliminate transformer power supply vibration and flux leakage while suppressing unwanted noise, creating high-resolution sound quality.
Replaceable MAGVEL CLAMP
- Additional clamps are available to buy if users want to take their own set on the road, or if they need to replace a clamp that’s been lost. Userscan store the MAGVEL CLAMP neatly in a dedicated area on top of the deck.
- Robust and elegant design in matte black color
- The PLX-CRSS12 has a matte black color scheme, with special coatings applied to the tone arm and other metal parts, plus carefully crafted details that give it a robust and elegant appearance.
- The PLX-CRSS12 is compatible with Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox.
- By connecting this unit to a PC/Mac with DJ software installed, and to a mixer that supports the DVS function of the respective DJ software, users can start playing in Digital Vinyl mode and use the Performance Pads.
Width: 453 mm
Height: 159 mm
Depth: 353 mm
Weight: 12.2 kg
- Drive Method: Servo-type direct drive
- Turntable: Aluminium, die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Motor: 3-phase, brushless DC motor
- Breaking System: Electronic brake
- Rotation Speed: 33⅓ rpm, 45 rpm
- Rotation Adjustment Range: ±8, ±16, ±50%
- Wow and Flutter: 0.15% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB (DIN-B)
- Starting Torque: High: 0.45 N·m (4.5 kgf·cm) or more
Mid: 0.32 N·m (3.2 kgf·cm)
Low: 0.2 N·m (2.0 kgf·cm)
- Start Time: 0.3 sec (at 33⅓ rpm)
- Brake Time: Max: 3.5 seconds
Mid: 1.0 seconds
Min: 0.5 seconds or less
- Arm Type:
- Universal type S-shape tone arm
- Gimbal-supported type bearing structure
- Static balance type
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Effective Length: 230 mm
- Tracking Error: Within 3°
- Height Adjustment Range: 6 mm
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0-4 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Proper Cartridge Weight: 2.5-12 g (includes mounting materials)
- USB: 1 USB C Port
- Outputs: 1 PHONO(RCA)